Saturday, the Iadipaolo's took a trip to Dahynda... a town in the middle of NOWHERE. It's so peaceful there and very beautiful. Kristin and Grant's farm is located there (I work with Kristin). Besides the endless fields of corn and soy beans, we got to see the pig maternity ward (Grant raises show pigs). Pregnant pigs are not the most attractive creatures of the world, but I must say for being pregnant they seemed just like humans. Tired, grumpy, and needing special attention. The picture of the three pigs is a picture of what are called "guilts", these pigs have not been pregnant before, but will be soon. We also got to make smores!!! Yummy! Grant's sister brought over a basket of all the essentials and I became the official marshmellow cooker of the evening. They also have new kitties at the farm and Sofia loved picking them up.
On Sunday, I had to get ready for our trip to Springfield for the state fair and I found this...
On Monday we went to the Illinois State Fair. First, we went to see Grant and his pigs. We don't know yet how well they did, but it was cool to see all the different "pretty pigs" at the swine barn. We hung out with Abuela Nere at the State Fire Marshall tent, ate lots of junk food, and got to see a monkey!! It was a really cool day for all....
1 comment:
sounds like fun! I love a good fair. I need to talk to Grant and see if he'll let me ride in the combine this fall!laura
Post a Comment