I got "emotional" today. Vince, Sofia, and I were at Dynasty Buffet having some chinese. I saw one of my past students eating with his mom (I had him last year as a sophomore, his name was "Paco"). He always says hi to me in the hallways and just a couple of weeks ago. He just realized that I was pregnant. It was something like this....
I´m walking into the commons area which I do everyday during that particular time and Paco sees me EVERYDAY and says hi.. Then, one day..
-¡Señora! (signals me to come to him)
-¿Sí?
-You´re pregnant!
-Why yes I am Paco, I have been since the start of school
-No way, I hadn´t noticed until today
(I look down at my giant belly)
-Really? You see me everyday!
-I know I guess I just didn´t notice your growing belly.
ha ha ha
Anyway, he´s great; very kind and a respectful young man. So, at the end of the meal at Dynasty we get our ticket and the manager comes over and says our bill has already been paid. She said, "you teacher right? Student and mother paid for you already, have a nice day". I started crying of course and it was so nice of them to do that and such a great surprise. Thanks Paco y tu mami!! I felt so special and it made my day.
Monday, March 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment