Saturday, May 7, 2011

10 mile run with a tunnel under the interstate!!

So I am getting high on the mileage with my long runs and today I got to go underneath the interstate in this tunnel. Lucky for me I am 5'2'' cuz the tunnel is only 6' tall!! It was pitch black mostly with some help of solar powered lights along the hand rail, but it was very dark and spooky. I made noises the whole way!! Can you see the light at the end of the tunnel? Can't wait to take Vince there- very cool!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Way to go with the tunnel running. I asked Tom about the height of the tunnel, since in looks more than 6' in the photo. I find it kind of odd that it wasn't the same height all the way down. Glad you didn't have any horror stories involving raccoons or possums.

Sandra said...

Funny you mention the animals. Olson thought we were going to encounter a badger... we didnt. Lots of birds, squirrels, and rabbits. No badgers... rather disappointing because Olson said they attack and we would have gotten to do some improv sprinting work... hahaha