Monday, March 12, 2012

New addiction? this could be bad....

So, this past weekend we had an open house and I, Sandra, basically sat for 3 hours and messed around on the Ipad/Computer. We had three groups come through the house, they smiled and said they "liked" it. I haven't heard from any of them, so I'm not holding my breath. It's still early in the game and we haven't found a house either so, no hard feelings. Seriously.

Anyhow, I decided to check out Craigslist. BAD IDEA... why? you ask.. well, I'm not going crazy and BUYING things... I've now realized how much junk we have and I can SELL it all on there.

My first post to "see if it REALLY worked" was a baby swing. Nature's Touch Baby Swing to be exact. One can buy this brand new for about $125+. I decided to give it a try and asked for $30, since it had been sitting in my screened porch for over a year (went through summer, fall, winter, and now) slightly dirty (yikes!) and in good working condition, but still USED and VERY ABUSED. Right away I got 4 emails, and 2 text messages. HOLY COW! It ended up going to a mom with a 1 month old daughter who likes to be rocked to sleep. So, in my book.. I'm ok with giving that to a mom of a 1 month old and not to someone who will turn around and sell it for more. She looked exhausted and I believe was wearing pajama pants. Poor thing!

My second post consisted of an exersaucer with barn animals. Again, it sat in that porch for over a year and I asked for $10 (normally $60) . This went to a Vietnamese family with a little boy that needs to stay put while mom cooks. Again, getting rid of extra "stuff" and helping some young families out FEELS AWESOME!!!

For now, I have a barbie bike that I put up today (which sold in less than 20mins), the old front door (which Vince said noone would ever want) will be looked at tomorrow, another baby walker, and who knows what else!! Vince is scared slightly. I'm having a blast. Not going to be a hobby, just want to get rid of our junk and as they say, "someone's junk, may be someone else's treasure." I love CRAIGSLIST!!

3 comments:

Jane said...

I see how it is... you want to see how many people you can get to stop by the house, in hopes that someone will buy it or give you a lead. Nice work my friend, nice work.

Sandra said...

That didn't even dawn on me, plus I don't like my buyers to meet me at the house. Security reasons.. and the kids. So, although I will take credit for a genius idea... i can't on that one.

Jackie said...

Love this post! You need to post more often!