So, today was an oddly upsetting day for me. I woke up at 5:15 only to hit the alarm clock 3 times because I had a nightmare that Vince & I had been arrested for "Car demeaning". I'm not sure what that means, only that I asked the police officer in my dream and he said that it had to do something with changing parts in my car without pre-approval... what? Anyway, I got up and I got completely ready. I decided that I wouldn't wear my contacts today because I just didn't feel like it. I was in the kitchen, dressed and ready for the next step... feed louie, dry my hair, followed by going outside to give him a bathroom opportunity. As I entered the kitchen with my phone (I always put it on silence it case it goes off so it won't wake up Vince & Sofia) to take my daily dosage of my thyroid medication, I noticed that my phone said I had a text message from a colleague and a voice mail. I panicked! Oh no! I hope they are ok, what could have happened? I listen to the voice mail that is from ANOTHER colleague and he informs me that we have no school today. WHAT? No joke I had been lesson planning while I was getting ready so I could get whatever I needed to get done when I got to work. You see, I was in total shock BECAUSE Vince, Sofia, and I had been working in the basement and I didn't get to catch any of the news or check internet all afternoon/evening. So, when I was told NO SCHOOL, I was like WHAT?? I'm ready to go, I can get to my car, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?? I was so "oddly upset". Who is upset at not having to go to work, a free day, just stay at home in your pajamas, make waffles, etc. I guess I was. I took Louie out, and I was so flustered that I didn't even dry my hair (COLD!) once I came back inside I decided, well I can't change it so here goes my day. I read Jerry Seinfield's book SeinLanguage. HILARIOUS! Yes, I read the whole thing before Vince & Sofia woke up to see mami. Vince- What are you doing here? Sandra- I called in sick Vince- You called in sick? Why? Sandra- I'm just kidding, it's a snow day. Vince- Really? We got that much they were predicting 1 to 3 inches. Sandra- Really? This is something that could have been brought to my attention YESTERDAY.
What a morning! I made waffles for us and banana shakes. It was fun. We rarely have a morning as a family with Vince's work schedule. We continued work in the basement and when we were upstairs, I saw the mailman trecking through the snow.... we all choose our careers for the most part.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment