Man of La Mancha has been over for a week and we are all thankful for that. The show was fun, I got to meet many people that taught me some cool stuff- but the biggest lesson I learned was that I can't do shows at this point in my life. bummer, yes... But being at home and hanging out with Sofia and Vince was close to impossible those last weeks and I realized that it's not worth the "fame". Singing on stage again was so fun and rewarding, like when a stranger came up to me and said... "Where you in Man of La Mancha? What a wonderful show! You did a great job." I think I'm retiring for a while on the "big" stage... bummer, yes.... but I'll have another chance some day. It's a sacrifice that is difficult to make, but spending time with my family will be just as fun and much more rewarding. I got to "dream the impossible dream" and I'm thankful for that, but I "follow the quest" daily with Vince and Sofia and that's much more important.
I think the part that will be the hardest to give up is the singing, so we came up with a plan. Yesterday at mass, Sofia and I went up to the choir loft for the first time. I got to sing with them for the first half (Sofia missed Papi so we had to come back down). While I was up there, I truly enjoyed the moment and I got the same feeling that I get on stage. It was so beautiful to sing out towards the altar and the tabernacle. I loved it and I hope to get to sing up there more often.
In other news, I was given my teaching assignment for next school year and I, along with at least 5 other teachers, will be teaching five different classes next year. Here's my schedule
Spanish 1- one session
Spanish 2- one session
Spanish 3- two sessions
Spanish 4H- one session
Spanish 5AP- one session
It's incredibly intimidating to look at my schedule and I start shaking anytime I start thinking of the load I'll have next year or even the thought of perhaps doing substitute plans for one day. Did I mention we're going to try again for another baby??
BUT- the BEST is that we are going to DISNEY WORLD IN THREE WEEKS!!! Yes! Yes! Yes! Vince, Sofia, and I will be enjoying 6 days at the different parks and I'M NOT TAKING ANY WORK WITH ME! I'm looking forward to seeing Sofia see the Castle for the first time, her reaction to everything really, and getting Vince his dream picture with Princess Jasmin from Aladdin. I just want to ride as many rides as possible with Sofia, she's going to love the Dumbo ride! I promise a plethora of pictures!
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think you have a beautiful voice. Maybe you could join the BU community chorus in the fall. Practice is only 2 hours a week, with only one performance, and they sing challenging stuff. Church choir is also a good outlet, but it's obviously mostly religious music, and then you have to be at the service where the choir sings. You should not hide your talent under a basket. L
"Did I mention we're going to try again for another baby??"
No, no you did not! The best of luck, and may senor Powers stay far, far away.
Post a Comment