Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hairy situation

Yeah thats me Vince Diddy. So today I took sandra's bug down by Bradley to get her window fixed. The window came off the track and fell down into the door on monday. I dropped Sofia off at school this morning and headed to Stecher's automotive on Main st. next to Haddad's. I dropped it off had breakfast at Mickey D's and killed time at Dollar Tree. Around 10am I was walking back to see how the car was and walked past VIP barbershop the sign in the window said "Open come on in". I needed a haircut and though I might as well kill time and get a haircut while Sofia is at school and car is in the shop.
I walk in and in a back room watching TV on a couch pops out a black guy in his late 20's maybe 30. I ask if I could get a haircut he says " Oh fo sho" He looks directly at my hair. I wonder to myself should I ask him if he cuts "white people hair", no I don't want to offend him, I don't wanna get beat up. So we head back to where the actual barber area is and he starts on the back of my neck and trime back there and around my ears for like 15 minutes. I wish he would cut on top where its long and really needs it. He finally does a little. It was now 10:40. I had to get to Stecher's to get the car and go get Sofia from preschool at 11.
As he wraps up he says "Sorry I don't have any gel, I don't cut straight hair" Meaning he doesn't cut white people hair. I wish he had told me that before he started. Oh well, $15 for a lot of laughs. Mainly from Sandra. Its just hair it grows back. Right???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a quality story. Thanks for sharing... now I wish I would have come over tonight to see it in person. Later, Janers