Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Cereal Wall

Some of you have seen Vince's "project" at the house. It all started from an idea a few of his roommates had. Somebody thought a cereal name and picture was funny and they taped it on the wall, soon it became a joke to find other cereal boxes with funny names and pictures to put on the wall. What was one cereal turned into hundreds and so they placed different cereals on the wall and it was their goal to keep finding new ones. The summer after the kitchen was covered in cereal boxes the owner of the college house took all the boxes down to paint the kitchen, thus eliminating their precious wall. I remember how devastated the guys were that all their hard work, all that cereal eaten, was gone. Vince suggested that some day he would like to have that cereal wall again. Well, here we are.... 2008. Vince and Sofia (mostly) have been working on this for a few months now. They are over 50 boxes of different kinds of cereals, all unique, all eaten at the house. So, if you want to help us make this wall, you have to come over and eat our cereal... that's the catch... it can only be consumed at our house. I already brought up the fact that we could finish it in a week if I asked my students to do it for extra credit... Vince said, "that's not how it works." I respect that, plus we have to look for all the non-brand name cereals that are spoofs for the name brand ones. For example, Reece's Puffs... we have that and Coco Peanut Butter Spheres... yeah and the cereal box has a purple octopus on it, not sure why. Anyhow... here's how the wall is looking.

FYI: Sofia took the picture on the left. Her and Vince were playing around earlier in the day taking pictures of the wall.


3 comments:

Jane said...

Nice... although I'm surprised you have a Shredded Wheats box on the wall. I've always been afraid to try that cereal.

P-town Tom said...

I'm heading to Rockford in two weekends... I'll pick up a box or while I'm up there.
All hail the Cereal Wall!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...the memories! Sigh...603 Calhoun