Monday, August 31, 2009

Audtions... again?

Hi yall! I really need to make a habit of posting something everyday now that I have available computer on a daily basis. Well, Evita auditions went well. I got in the chorus and was thrilled. The chorus has more songs than the leads and it is known as a "chorus show". I'm excited again to be a part of such a talented group of people and to meet MORE new people here in the area. I do know some of them already since they were with me in Man of La Mancha. So, Evita is the two weekends in the middle of November 13-22.

Also, Vince is auditioning on Thursday.... say what? Yeah, we read a really cool opportunity for him. As many of you know Vince got his termination letter on Wednesday and his last day is September 27th. So, anyways, here's what's up...

The Peoria Rivermen are in search of talented and energetic people to join their in-game entertainment staff for the 2009-10 season. An open tryout will be held at Carver Arena on Thursday, Sept. 3 from 4-7 p.m. where the Rivermen will be looking for an in-arena host as well as young women to join the Ice Girls.

Ever wanted to grab the microphone and help make thousands of fans cheer, scream and laugh? This is your chance. The in-arena host serves as the voice and face of the Rivermen in-game entertainment during all home games. This fun position will be responsible for emceeing all contests and promotions throughout the games as well as interact with fans in person and on the video-board. Candidates must be energetic, able to communicate effectively and be comfortable performing in front of a large audience.

The Rivermen Ice Girls are the AHL’s newest promotional team that interacts with fans for all in-game contests, both in the stands and on the ice, including t-shirt launches, Knock Your Block Off, and all other entertainment at Rivermen games. Ice Girls will also be attending various community events throughout the year. Skating is not required.

SO, please keep VINCE in your prayers for this fun opportunity!!!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Good Luck Vince... hope it goes well! I hope you rock the house on Thursday.