Monday, February 2, 2009

Pimp Running Shoes!


So, in case you didn't know: I, Sandra, (the one who always said that running is useless unless being chased by someone or you are chasing someone else) started running in November. At first I just wanted to make one lap around the school. Then I decided well, how about two, and then three, and then four. That's an entire mile!!! Woo-hoo! So I decided that I would eventually run a 5K... yeah. CRAZY! So on Thursday I'm running, feeling good, good pace, good breathing, semi-good form, and then OUCH! My feet got a slight pinch. NOT GOOD. I stopped running (I was on my 5th lap) and walked the rest of the way. It didn't hurt anymore. Hum... I'm running on concrete with worn-out shoes that I've had since around 2000.

So, I talked to my running friends (mind you some of them run 10 miles once in a while and run marathons like it's nothing). They all pointed me towards a place called Running Central. Wow. Talk about enthusiasm towards running. The saleswoman gave me a mini-lesson on different kinds of shoes, she looked at my feet, and I proceeded to try on lots of different shoes. Who knew that shoes felt differently when running.

I finally found my shoe. Wow, what a difference and I didn't even feel weird running laps in the store. Everyone in the store knew that it had to be done. Ironically enough I talked to one of my friends that I should do Race for the Cure as a good first race, and what did I purchase.... New Balance shoes with proceeds to Susan G. Komen. Cool. Got the shoes, going to keep training... oh and I already found a good length around the neighborhood on the sidewalks to run outside when the weather gets nice. SO EXCITED!!!

2 comments:

P-town Tom said...

(Wiping away the tears... sniff) I'm so proud! Welome to the running club!

Jane said...

You're not going to turn into one of those scary running people, are you?