All personnel at WHOI-TV got a memo in their mailbox friday about a mandatory meeting this monday March 2nd at 9am. This is likely to be the proverbial ax falling on a lot of people at the station including me. I hope I get a call soon for the job at WMBD that I applied for. I am actually looking forward to this meeting cause there has been so many rumors going around that it will be nice to know what the heck is going to happen. I am going to go in prepared to lose my job, that way whatever happens I won't be disappointed. I'll let you all know what I hear.
Update (kinda): On the peoria pundit blog they are saying that the "merger" between WHOI and WEEK will be announced monday and only 6 people from WHOI will be keeping their job: 4 on air and 2 engineers and/or sales people. Here is the link if you want to read the story.
http://pundit.blogpeoria.com/2009/02/27/media-hoinews-as-we-know-might-end-monday/
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment