Monday, March 2, 2009

To Dream the Impossible Dream

Hi Yall. It's been a while since I posted. Vince is getting ready to go to his 9am meeting at the station. He's wearing his "I'd rather be watching the Cubs" shirt, which I find ironically funny since he's going to a meeting where possibly the are announcing his job is over. He says he is putting on a shirt over it. Bummer. He even shaved and joked to one of his colleagues that he was going to show up wearing a tuxedo. I think he should show up in his "power suit". He has a pink tie and a white shirt with a black suit that he looks pretty "impressive" in.

Anyhow, the Iadipaolo household has been doing well. Sofia's newest frase is "That's Hilarious". We find ourselves constantly laughing anytime she says this. Oh yeah, and "Oh my dear Jesus". She learned that from me when I need to say a short prayer under pressure/stress. She's a great immitator of my grandpa Felipe... she says in a "deep voice"... ¿Dónde está mi café? Which means, where is my coffee? He tends to say this after lunch and dinner. Too funny.

I should probably explain the title of this post. I have been secretly (well not secretly, Vince and the family knows- but our blog readers may not be aware) preparing to try out for a musical, Man of La Mancha. I tried out on Saturday and after I sang the song I prepared, the director came down with the musical´s song book. He wanted me to sing a song from the show. I WAS SO EXCITED! There were about 10 females that showed up to try-out and only 5 of them got the opportunity to sing at the end of auditions from the musical. I was asked to sing "It's all the Same" the song that Dulcinea sings (the lead female) and "I'm only thinking of him" the song that Don Quixote's niece and his housekeeper sing. I was the only female that is not a "regular" in Peoria theater, so it made me really nervous of the situation. All the females knew each other because they have been in so many plays together. Anyhow, at the end of our singing the director told us that there would be call backs for Dulcinea. Sadly, but at the same time releaved, I did NOT get a call back. They are tonight (a call back is usually used for the directors to compare people to see which person best portrays the character they have). The director said on Saturday that just because one didn't get a call back doesn't mean they are excluded from the show. Which means.... SO YOU'RE TELLING ME THERE'S A CHANCE!

Anyhow, I will let you know how I did. If I make it on the show, I except all the blog readers to come watch it... since it's been a LONG time since I have been in a show with a theatre company (1999ish).

I hoping to be a prostitute in the inn... just so I can say that and that would mean I'm in the chorus. They post cast no later than Wednesday. Let's hope I'm on that list!!!

3 comments:

P-town Tom said...

Sandra, good luck on fulfulling your dream of becoming an on-stage prostitute! Make us proud! Coincidently, "Man a La Mancha" was going to be the next theatre performance that Laura and I were going to see! No pressure!

Jane said...

I was going to ask you about that and/or check their website to see if a list was posted. That's cool you got to see a song from the show... sounds like a pretty good sign that you could get another part in the cast. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so exciting. I LOVE Man of La Mancha and am dying to see it again. I think being one of the prostitutes would be a great way to get back into theater! If they are crazy and don't give you and your beautiful voice a part, you can come over and we'll sing all the songs together in our own little production! L