Friday, July 3, 2009

Maryville Adventure

So here I am grandsitting my 82 year old grandparents. Today was day one. We didn't do a whole lot. They have a routine that they follow pretty well. They prepare their breakfast and then go for a walk around the neighborhood. Then, they watch TV or grandma cleans until lunch. Then they go back to TV watching or grandma cleaning... you get the pattern. Anyway, I changed the routine today. They did prepare themselves breakfast and took their walk, but then Sofia wanted to go to the "pool". We filled the yakuzi and Abuela Acracia had a great time supervising that everything was safe for her. Abuela Acracia is super great-grandma and is paranoid about everything Sofia could do to herself. She means well, but this drives Sofia crazy.


Then, for lunch I took them to a Chinese Buffet. My grandfather is a big fan of these and takes full advantage of all you can eat. He usually makes a pretty good combination of things for his last plate, and I like to take a picture. Here is today's special: fried calamari, fried shrimp, pork eggroll, chocolate ice cream and vainilla ice cream. Yum!


Having a great time, we miss Vince a lot... but appearantly he's working on a surprise. Although, Sofia already spoiled it. He's painting the back porch. Thanks Papi!!!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Ice cream should have it's own plate... vanilla with a hint of calamari... ewwwww.

Papi said...

Did you put Yakuzi? I think its spelled Jacuzzi. How come everytime you go away I end up painting? Not Fair. Its weird actually having time to do stuff on "your own". Although I mainly end up asleep on the couch watching the cubs.

P-town Tom said...

Jacuzzi? Oh my, that's much safer than what I originally thought!

I thought Abuela was making sure everything was safe because Sofia was playing with a yak that had an uzi. I didn't know that yaks could operate firearms and was a bit confused.

Jacuzzi... much safer.