
Yesterday was my birthday and I must say that it was a very special day. It seemed like everyone had gotten together and to made sure that throughout the day something special would occur. It started at home when Vince gave me my presents: Disney's Hercules on DVD (the movie I watch every year on my birthday) and an old record of Man of La Mancha. Just seeing the DVD wanted me to get back into my pj's and watch it. I had to go to work though cuz I'm saving my days for Santiago, so I headed to Starbucks where I got a free decafinated, sugary, caramelly drink that had so much whipped cream on it. The "barista" made it extra special for me since it was my birthday :) and it was free because I'm part of the Starbucks reward program where you get a free drink on your bday!
Then, I arrived at work where gifts greeted me at my classroom door. One of my good friends had passed on the "traditional Birthday hat" that is a cake with 5 multicolored candles on the top and another friend got me some fun girly gifts from a boutique at the metro center (who knew they made salad tongs that have sandal thongs as handles?) My students soon arrived and I got TONS of birthday wishes. Every class sang happy birthday to me and even sometimes in Spanish. My homeroom gave me a bday party complete with two cookie cakes! Then, Spanish 5AP also had a party for me. I received lots of birthday cards, and even TWO VANS!!! The kids asked me what I wanted and I said a Kia Sedona van so one bought a toy van for me and another printed off a pic from online :)
Afterschool, I headed home and was greeted by a VERY excited Sofia who wanted me to see what Vince & her had gotten for me... FLOWERS AND BALLOONS!!! They are beautiful and Vince said and I quote "I hope they last past Valentine's day" ha ha ha. We then headed to Red Lobster, which was DELICIOUS!! Towards the end of the meal, the waitress came out with a cookie cake for me (Vince and Sofia had dropped it off earlier in the day) I was very surprised and they all sang Happy Bday to me. We then went home and watched my all time fav show... BONES!! The episode was really cool and I was very pleased :) After Bones, we headed upstairs where we all got in bed and watched Disney's Hercules on another bday gift, a 19'' TV!!! So cool. I'll be honest, I was so tired by then that I fell asleep from exhaustion.
Thanks to EVERYONE for a totally cool BDAY! The phone messages, cards, gifts, hugs, and wishes. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful family and such thoughtful and kind friends.
Love you all!!! -Sandra-
No comments:
Post a Comment