Saturday, April 26, 2008

New Zip Code

S: Yep... we're moving. That's pretty much all we talk about now. I packed this morning as planned and tomorrow I'll do the same. We are asking for all to save their newspapers so we can use them to wrap breakables. I will have plenty of boxes, I think, since the cafeteria is always getting food and the janitor's are always getting supplies. As far as the title of our blog... we went from our zip code ending in 04 to 14. The zero changed to a one and that is a BIG DEAL people. We are moving up in the world. Feels good. We also looked at paint swatches thanks to our current WONDERFUL neighbor who we will REALLY miss: Georgia. She collects those paint samples at Lowes, Menard's, Walmart, etc. and keeps them in a book about painting rooms. We think we will paint the kitchen "guacamole". Yummy! I feel it is fitting for a kitchen to be painted in a "food" color. We will have to take out the wall paper to do this. BTW- this is just "Sandra is bored stuff". We won't be able to do this project for a while after we move in. As stated in previous posts, there are bigger priorities than painting the kitchen "guacamole". When you all come over you will all just have to deal with the ugly wall paper in the kitchen, the RED carpet in the dining/living room and hallway (yes... it's red carpet...dark red), and other minor stuff. This shall be another adventure.

In other news, Sofia is learning some fun words. Next time you talk to her ask her who is her favorite Cubs player. She will answer Fukudome (those non-baseball fans out there- he is a new guy we picked up this season from Japan). Vince just smiles ear to ear when she says it. Too cute to miss (Sofia and Vince). Also, she is also asking "Why?" these days. Love it! And the other day I hit a pothole and she said, "be careful mami, slow down". Don't you just love 2 year old backseat drivers???

No comments: